Our Homework Club offers free tutoring and learning strategies for children in Grades 3 to 8 from October to April. We are finished for the spring term but will start again in the fall of 2019 on October 19.
No homework, no problem! We also have fun playing educational games and challenges, concentrating on areas the children need most help with.
To register your child, please fill out the forms below and email or drop them off as soon as possible. Contact us if you have any questions or want more information about the program.
Times: Thursdays from 4:00pm – 5:30pm
Fall Term: October 10 to December 5 (2019)
Winter Term: January 23 to March 5 (2020)
Spring Term: April 2 to May 7 (2020)
Where: Rousseau Room, Main Floor
To register your child or children in the program, please send us these completed forms as soon as possible (Note … fillable forms if opened in Adobe Acrobat).
- Download and complete this parent registration form
- Have your child read and sign this student registration form
The questionnaire will help us understand your child’s needs. Come on the first day and we’ll help you get started!
It is important that your child arrive on time for the homework club each week as activities start right away and students coming in late can disrupt the dynamics of the groups and make it difficult for tutors to meet the needs of all the students. Also, regular attendance is very important, especially now that we have a list of students waiting to join us. If your child cannot attend for some reason please let us know. Consistent tardiness or irregular attendance may result in removal from the program.
For more information or assistance completing the forms, please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416.392.1954
Feedback on the program from past students:
- “Thank you for organizing such a great initiative” (parent)
- “It’s fun!” (student)
- “I think the club really had a profound effect on [our son’s] marks; we really appreciate the work you and the student volunteers are doing and it has been really positive for him” (parent)
- “I liked this program because you get to spend time with tutors and get delicious snacks and get great help with your homework” (student)
- “My daughter really enjoyed coming to the program … she never missed one!” (parent)
- “ I can tell he doesn’t want to leave” (parent)
For past and present participants in the Homework Club, please fill out this survey and return to us any time!
Homework Club Survey
Thank – you!
Our homework club program operates on a mentoring basis so we are always interested in enthusiastic, self-motivated new volunteer tutors who can work one on one or with small groups of children. Are you an adult, high school student or retired professional teacher that can commit to attending the program during our term times? We provide volunteer hours and references for high school students. Please email us at email@example.com to find out more or ask us questions. #leadershipskills #volunteerhours #workexperience #fun