Our Homework Club offers free tutoring and learning strategies for children in Grades 3 to 8. We restart the club for our THIRD year on Thursday, October 18th. No homework, no problem! We also have fun playing educational games and challenges, concentrating on areas the children need most help with. To register your child, please fill out the forms below and email or drop them off as soon as possible. Contact us if you have any questions or want more information about the program.
Times: Thursdays from 4:00pm – 5:30pm
Fall Term: October 18 to November 29 (2018)
Winter Term: January 24 to Feb 28 (2019)
Spring Term: March 28 to April 25 (2019)
Where: Rousseau Room, Main Floor (*note, in a new room this year!*)
To register your child or children in the program, please send us these completed forms as soon as possible (Note … fillable forms if opened in Adobe Acrobat).
- Download and complete this parent registration form
- Have your child read and sign this student registration form
The questionnaire will help us understand your child’s needs. Come on the first day and we’ll help you get started!
Registrations for the Homework Club are now at capacity for this term, but we have a wait list to start in January or earlier if there are cancellations. If you want to put your child’s name on the wait list, please email their registration form as soon as possible and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions
It is important that your child arrive on time for the homework club each week as activities start right away and students coming in late can disrupt the dynamics of the groups and make it difficult for tutors to meet the needs of all the students. Also, regular attendance is very important, especially now that we have a list of students waiting to join us. If your child cannot attend for some reason please let us know. Consistent tardiness or irregular attendance may result in removal from the program.
For more information or assistance completing the forms, please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416.833.7953
Feedback on the program from last years’ students:
- “Thank you for organizing such a great initiative” (parent)
- “It’s fun!” (student)
- “I think the club really had a profound effect on [our son’s] marks; we really appreciate the work you and the student volunteers are doing and it has been really positive for him” (parent)
- “I liked this program because you get to spend time with tutors and get delicious snacks and get great help with your homework” (student)
- “My daughter really enjoyed coming to the program … she never missed one!” (parent)
- “ I can tell he doesn’t want to leave” (parent)
For past and present participants in the Homework Club, please fill out this survey and return to us any time!
Homework Club Survey
Thank – you!
Calling all high school students who want do do something interesting AND fun this year for their volunteer hours … our homework club has a few more spots open for student tutors … contact us now to find out more!! #leadershipskills #volunteerhours #workexperience #fun