Position: Homework Club Co-ordinator
Primary Function: Swansea Town Hall runs a weekly Homework Club Program during the school term targeting children in Grades 4 to 8 in the Swansea Community.
The Club Co-ordinator will:
- Be responsible for delivery of a quality, educationally value-added program for our weekly Homework Club during the school term
- Recruit, schedule, train and supervise volunteer tutors
- Manage student registrations, attendance and obtain all necessary parental permissions
- Assess student needs and assist with goal setting and learning strategies
- Report regularly to management, verbally and in writing, on the program
- Administer and track Vulnerable Sector checks or annual waivers on all volunteers with the Toronto Police Service
- Keep all program records and manage all communications, emails and queries from parents, volunteers, schools and the community
- Work with management to promote the program and develop plans for its success and evolution
- The Co-ordinator is accountable to the Executive Director
- Have completed or be in the process of completing post-secondary education, preferably in the field of education
- Experience in child education and supervising volunteers or employees
- Program management experience or skills
- Strong communication, records management and administration skills
- A friendly, child oriented individual who is good at team building
Current Hours: Contract position for up to approximately 200 hours per year.
This is a CUPE Local 2998 position. If you are a City of Toronto employee, you cannot be a member of more than one union local.
Please submit resumes by Monday January 28, 2019 to Swansea Town Hall, Attention: Executive Director by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please do not fax resumes. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please go to our Homework Club post to find out more about the program!