ActingWorks returns with a 2-week Summer Intensive Day Program for the aspiring performer!
ActingWorks is an extension of DramaWay’s popular DramaWorks program and is an intensive 5 day program focused on theatre training for those interested in entering the professional acting world. It gives youth and adults with special needs of ALL abilities the opportunity to access quality, in-depth training which will help provide specific and tailored training for those interested in pursuing a serious career in the theatre community. Past attendees and new members are welcome!
Highlights of the training offered in this Program running from 9 am to 3 pm are as follows:
- Audition preparation curriculum (both songs and monologues)
- Physical Theatre (Clown, mime, and techniques like those of Bausch and Grotowski)
- Traditional text-based acting
- Instruction and visits from local industry professionals such as Actors & Directors
- Intimate class size
- Visit and advice from a local Casting Agency
- Tips on resume preparation
- 1 digital image of an acting headshot
This program will operate on our DramaWay philosophy placing emphasis on the process of the journey while continuing to build on social and life skills. Each participant enrolled will automatically be guaranteed an audition slot for the Peanut Butter People theatre troupe which will be operated by an outside company named Peanut Butter People – now a partner of DramaWay.
Founded in 2008 by Brooke Banning and Polly Phokeev, Peanut Butter People is a Toronto-based theatre company committed to producing new Canadian work that engages and enchants while providing exciting professional opportunities to Canada’s diverse pool of talented actors, directors, stage managers, designers and dramaturgs.