Our Society is a friendly, informal group that promotes the protection and beautification of our environment.
We have informative guest speakers, flower shows and bus trips. In addition, we promote community projects which are a lot of fun for those who participate.
Our annual spring plant sale is always a big hit with our community and we also sell plants at our meetings. Why not drop by and check us out?
Click the membership icon at right to download our current membership form and join us!
Or come to one of our monthly meetings, schedule at right … non-members and new members welcome!
Upcoming monthly meetings at 7:30 pm in the Rousseau Room, main floor. Click on the post at right or a full listing of this year’s programs and events.
- January 23 “The Fruitful City” with speaker, local author Helena Moncrieff
- February 27 “What to Do When All Hell Breaks Loose!” with speaker Conrad Richter of Richter Herbs
- March 27 “Pruning” with speaker Sean James, Landscape Designer
- April 24 “Natural Planting Design” with speaker Tony Spence, the New Perennialist
- May 11 Plant and Bake Sale!
- May 22 “Orchids” with speaker Terry Kennedy
- June Annual Bus Trip Date TBA
- June 26 “Enduring Wilderness – Toronto’s Natural Parklands” with speaker Jane Weniger, City of Toronto
- September 25 “Plants I’ve Regretted Planting” with speaker Helen Battersby, writer
- October 23 “Life Underground; Plants Interacting with Fungi” with speaker Dr. Larry Peterson, University of Guelph
- November 27 “The Chelsea Flower Show” with speaker Gloria Brocks
- December 11 Christmas Pot Luck Dinner
New members welcome! Become a “green thumb” for only $20 a year, $25 for the family!
Email us for more information: email@example.com
Ontario Horticultural Website: http://www.gardenontario.org/site.php/swan