Our Society is a friendly, informal group that promotes the protection and beautification of our environment.
We have flourished for 75 years and our deep roots in the community continue to grow.
We have informative guest speakers, flower shows and bus trips. In addition, we promote community projects which are a lot of fun for those who participate.
Our annual spring plant sale is always a big hit with our community and we also sell plants at our meetings. Why not drop by and check us out?
Click the membership icon at right to download our current membership form and join us!
Or come to one of our monthly meetings, schedule at right … non-members and new members welcome!
- January 22 “The Attracting Wild Birds to you Garden” with speaker, Paul Oliver from the Urban Nature Store
- February 26 “Reconciliation Through Gardening” with speaker Lorraine Johnson
- March 25 “Get into the Meadoway” with speaker Emily Rondel, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
- April 22 “Judging a Flower Show” with speaker Celia Roberts
- May 27 “Garden Design After Dark” with speaker Wolfegang Bonham, Landscaper
- June 24 Ornamental Grasses & Sedges” with speaker Diana Pooke, master gardener
- September 23 “Foraging for Edible & Medicinal Plants” with speaker Alexis Burnett
- October 28 “Gardening from a Hammock” with speaker Dan Cooper, Master Gardener
- November 25 ” Carnivorous Plants” with speaker Dennis Zhuhai
- December 9 Christmas Potluck
June Annual Bus Trip – stay tuned for more details!
New members welcome! Become a “green thumb” for only $20 a year, $25 for the family!
Email us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Horticultural Website: http://www.gardenontario.org/site.php/swan