This quiet room is located on our ravine level, the same floor as access to our parking lot. It has a sprung wooden floor, wall sconces, track lights and a full wall of mirrors on the south end. It has no natural light which makes it perfect for meetings with presentations or classes that need quiet contemplation. The mirrored wall makes it perfect for dance and fitness classes or practice. It is also appropriate for smaller parties where little or no furniture needs to be set up. Approximate capacities are as follows:
- Please note the the current maximum capacity is 19 people given the current COVID19 social distancing regulations
When we fully reopen the room can accommodate:
- Meetings, sit down events with everyone at a table: 10 to 40 people (55 tight squeeze)
- Meetings, theatre style, a few tables: 10 to 50 people (70 tight squeeze)
- Exercise or dance Classes, no furniture: 5 to 20 people
- Parties, a few tables and chairs: 10 to 40 people
If you are interested in using this space, please read the items listed in “Further Booking Information” below.
- $27.75 per hour + HST (Regular rate during opening hours)
- $52.55 +HST per hour (Regular hourly rate + $24.80/hr for after hour charges when Swansea Town Hall is closed) Please note this after hours rate applies all day Sunday and after 5 pm on Saturdays.
17 ft. x 46 ft. for 805 sq. ft.
Sprung wood floor
Pull down projector screen
Flat screen TV with HDMI connectivity
*Further Booking Information
- All rates are effective January 1, 2020 and are subject to change without notice.
- Kitchen and Amenities: We have one kitchen in the building. It is adjacent to the Rousseau Room on the main floor and can be rented for $42.00 per event. It can also be rented in conjunction with events in other rooms on the 2nd or ravine floors, where you may borrow our trolleys and elevator to access. Please refer to our Rate Card for information about additional services and equipment that you can access.
- There is a 2.5 hour minimum rental from Monday to Thursday after 7:00 pm
- Additional Charges: When the building is closed, an additional $24.80 per hour charge is added to the regular hourly rate. We are closed at 5:00 pm on Saturdays and all day Sundays. For after hours events and events serving alcohol you may be asked to provide us with a $200 (cash only) damage security deposit.
- Furniture is provided free of charge (see the picture at right).
- Free WIFI is available throughout Swansea Town Hall for building visitors. If you are renting space and need better access for a course or event, please ask front desk staff for assistance.
- Rules and Regulations: No ball playing is allowed in our rooms, nor is any activity that may mark the painted walls or damage the floors. Lit candles are not permitted in the rooms because of our smoke detection system. Are you planning to serve alcohol at your event? If so you must inform us when you are reserving space and provide us with a copy of the Special Occasion Permit you obtain from the LCBO before your event begins. Please read the rules and regulations for a full understanding of what you must comply with and ask us if you have any questions.
- Tentative Booking Process: To make a tentative room booking, please phone or email us to check room availability and ask any questions. After confirming with our staff, please complete this tentative booking request form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please do not email us this form until you checked on availability with us by phone.
- Booking Confirmation: When you confirm your booking, we will give you a space use Agreement to sign, and an invoice to pay, which is due in full 30 days before your event/course begins. Until you have paid your invoice we will contact you if anyone else requests your space, at which time you will have to pay your invoice in full to hold your booking.
- COVID19 regulations and protocols: In addition to the space use agreement, we also require you to sign and return our COVID 19 Agreement Amendment which contains further rules that must be followed because of the pandemic.
- Payment: Payment is due 30 days in advance of your booking. You may pay us in person with cash, debit or Visa/Mastercard or phone in your payment with a Visa/Mastercard. Cheques are accepted if received at least one month before your event and e-transfers can also be taken, just ask staff for directions.
- Parking: We are nestled in a residential area, and parking is limited to a small lot at the rear of our building or available street parking. Please refer to the parking guidelines on the Contact>Directions tab on our website and make sure all attendees at your event are aware of these guidelines.
- All rates and terms are subject to change without notice.