This bright, airy room is adjacent to a full kitchen which can also be rented. It has sustainable, non-toxic marmoleum flooring, louvered blinds and several switches for flexible lighting applications. It is suitable for meetings, parties, wedding receptions, bridal and baby showers, dance or exercise classes and community events, lectures, recitals and presentations. Approximate capacities are as follows:
When we fully reopen the room can accommodate:
- Banquets, sit down events with tables and chairs: 30 to 125 people (130 tight squeeze)
- Meetings, theatre style: 50 to 175 people (200 tight squeeze with some standing)
- Exercise and Dance Classes: 15 to 40 people
If you are interested in using this space, please read the items listed in “Further Booking Information” below.
- $50.10 per hour + HST (Regular rate during opening hours)
- $74.90 +HST per hour (Regular hourly rate + $24.80/hr for after hour charges when Swansea Town Hall is closed) Please note this after hours rate applies all day Sunday and after 5 pm on Saturdays.
- $512.00 + HST per event (Event Rate from 5 pm to 12 am or any 7 hour period on Sunday)
41 x 41′ 1681 sq. ft.
65 inch LCD TV/Monitor with HDMI connectivity
Electric projector screen
Full kitchen adjacent (see charge below)
*Further Booking Information
- All rates are effective January 1, 2020 and are subject to change without notice.
- Kitchen and Amenities: We have one kitchen in the building. It is adjacent to the Rousseau Room on the main floor and can be rented for $42.00 per event. It can also be rented in conjunction with events in other rooms on the 2nd or ravine floors, where you may borrow our trolleys and elevator to access. Please refer to our Rate Card for information about additional services and equipment that you can access.
- There is a 2.5 hour minimum rental from Monday to Thursday after 7:00 pm
- Additional Charges: When the building is closed, an additional $24.80 per hour charge is added to the regular hourly rate. We are closed at 5:00 pm on Saturdays and all day Sundays. The Event Rate noted above includes the after hour charges. For after hours events and events serving alcohol you may be asked to provide us with a $200 (cash only) damage security deposit.
- Furniture is provided free of charge (see the picture at right).
- Free WIFI is available throughout Swansea Town Hall for building visitors. If you are renting space and need better access for a course or event, please ask front desk staff for assistance.
- Rules and Regulations: No ball playing is allowed in our rooms, nor is any activity that may mark the painted walls or damage the floors. Lit candles are not permitted in the rooms because of our smoke detection system. Are you planning to serve alcohol at your event? If so you must inform us when you are reserving space and provide us with a copy of the Special Occasion Permit you obtain from the LCBO before your event begins. Please read the rules and regulations for a full understanding of what you must comply with and ask us if you have any questions.
- Tentative Booking Process: To make a tentative room booking, please phone or email us to check room availability and ask any questions. After confirming with our staff, please complete this tentative booking request form and email it to email@example.com . Please do not email us this form until you checked on availability with us by phone.
- Booking Confirmation: When you confirm your booking, we will give you a space use Agreement to sign, and an invoice to pay, which is due in full 30 days before your event/course begins. Until you have paid your invoice we will contact you if anyone else requests your space, at which time you will have to pay your invoice in full to hold your booking.
- Payment: Payment is due 30 days in advance of your booking. You may pay us in person with cash, debit or Visa/Mastercard or phone in your payment with a Visa/Mastercard. Cheques are accepted if received at least one month before your event and e-transfers can also be taken, just ask staff for directions.
- Parking: We are nestled in a residential area, and parking is limited to a small lot at the rear of our building or available street parking. Please refer to the parking guidelines on the Contact>Directions tab on our website and make sure all attendees at your event are aware of these guidelines.
- All rates and terms are subject to change without notice.