The Council Chamber is a warm, wood paneled room with a raised stage at one end (one small step elevation). There are track lights and spot lights, as well as wall sconces for low level ambient light. The room is on our second floor and is suitable for large meetings, parties, receptions, dance or exercise classes, community events, lectures, art shows, performances and presentations. Approximate capacities are as follows:
- Banquets, sit down events with tables: 20 to 60 people (80 tight squeeze)
- Meetings, theatre style: 25 to 80 people (90 tight squeeze)
- Exercise and Dance Classes: 10 to 30 people
- $34.70 per hour + HST (Regular rate during opening hours)
- $57.70 +HST per hour (Regular hourly rate + $23.00/hr for after hour charges when Swansea Town Hall is closed)
- $410.00 + HST per event (from 5 pm to 12 am or any 7 hour period)
41′ x 28′ 1148 sq. ft.
52 inch LCD TV/Monitor with HDMI connectivity
Electric projector screen
Lobby sink nearby
- Kitchen and Amenities: We have one kitchen in the building. It is adjacent to the Rousseau Room on the main floor and can be rented for $39.00 per event. It can also be rented in conjunction with events in other rooms on the 2nd or ravine floors, where you may borrow our trolleys and elevator to access. Please refer to our Rate Card for information about additional services and equipment that you can access.
- There is a 2.5 hour minimum rental from Monday to Thursday after 7:00 pm
- Additional Charges: When the building is closed, an additional $23 per hour charge is added to the regular hourly rate. For after hours events and events serving alcohol you may be asked to provide us with a $200 (cash only) damage security deposit. There is a $150 surcharge for a 12:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. extension on your rental.
- Tables and chairs are provided free of charge. A limited number of square and children’s sized tables and chairs are also available, ask staff for details. For events we ask you to give us your set up instructions in advance and we will endeavour to set the room up before you arrive.
- Free WIFI is available throughout Swansea Town Hall for building visitors. If you are renting space and need better access for a course or event, please ask front desk staff for assistance.
- Rules and Regulations: No ball playing is allowed in our rooms, nor is any activity that may mark the painted walls or damage the floors. Lit candles are not permitted in the rooms because of our smoke detection system. Are you planning to serve alcohol at your event? If so you must inform us when you are reserving space and provide us with a copy of the Special Occasion Permit you obtain from the LCBO before your event begins. Please read the rules and regulations for a full understanding of what you must comply with and ask us if you have any questions.
- Booking Process: Please phone us to make a tentative reservation. Once you confirm the booking, we will give you a space use Agreement to sign, and an invoice to pay, which is due before your event/course begins. Pay in person with cash, debit or Visa/Mastercard or phone in your payment with a Visa/Mastercard. Cheques are accepted if they can clear before the event and e-transfers can be arranged, just ask staff for assistance.
- All rates and terms are subject to change without notice.