This bright, west facing activity room has a sprung wooden floor, mirrors at one end and a ballet bar running the length of one wall. It is suitable for parties, meetings, workshops and art classes as well as any kind of activity based class such as martial arts, dance or yoga. Approximate capacities:
- Meetings, sit down events with everyone at a table: 10 to 40 people (55 tight squeeze)
- Meetings, theatre style, a few tables: 10 to 50 people (60 tight squeeze)
- Exercise or dance Classes, no furniture: 5 to 20 people
- Parties, a few tables and chairs: 10 to 40 people
$25.75 per hour
After Hours Events:
- $41.75 per hour if there are other renters in the building OR
- $57.75 per hour if you are the sole renter in the building
18 ft. x 43 ft 774 sq. ft.
Electric projector screen
- Kitchen and Amenities: We have one kitchen in the building. It is adjacent to the Rousseau Room on the main floor and can be rented for $39 per event. It can also be rented in conjunction with events in other rooms on the 2nd or ravine floors, where you may borrow our trolleys and elevator to access. Please refer to our Rate Card for information about additional services and equipment that you can access.
- There is a 2.5 hour minimum rental from Monday to Thursday after 7:00 pm
- Additional Charges: When the building is closed, an additional $32 per hour (sole renter) charge is added if you are the only event in the building. If there are multiple renters in the building, you will be charged an additional $16 per hour (split rate). For after hour and events serving alcohol you may be asked to provide us with a $200 (cash only) damage security deposit. There is a $150 surcharge for a 12:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. extension on your rental.
- Tables and chairs are provided free of charge. A limited number of square and children’s sized tables and chairs are also available, ask staff for details. For events we ask you to give us your set up instructions in advance and we will endeavour to set the room up before you arrive.
- Free WIFI is available throughout Swansea Town Hall for building visitors. If you are renting space and need better access for a course or event, please ask front desk staff for assistance.
- Rules and Regulations: No ball playing is allowed in our rooms, nor is any activity that may mark the painted walls or damage the floors. Lit candles are not permitted in the rooms because of our smoke detection system. Are you planning to serve alcohol at your event? If so you must inform us when you are reserving space and provide us with a copy of the Special Occasion Permit you obtain from the LCBO before your event begins. Please read the rules and regulations for a full understanding of what you must comply with and ask us if you have any questions.
- Booking Process: Please phone us to make a tentative reservation. Once you confirm the booking, we will give you a space use Agreement to sign, and an invoice to pay, which is due before your event/course begins. Pay in person with cash, debit or Visa/Mastercard or phone in your payment with a Visa/Mastercard. Cheques are accepted if they can clear before the event and e-transfers can be arranged, just ask staff for assistance.
- All rates and terms are subject to change without notice.