The purpose of this meeting is:
- To receive the 2016 Annual Report and 2016 Audited Financial Statements from the Board of Management
- To elect members to the Board of Directors (nominees for appointment by City Council to the Board of Management).
- To elect advisors to the Board of Directors
- To conduct other business.
Anne Gloger, from The Storefront will be the keynote speaker at our AGM this year. Anne is Principal of the East Scarborough Storefront and Centre for Connected Communities. She has been pioneering collaborative solutions to complex issues in the inner suburban community of Kingston-Galloway/Orton Park (KGO) in Scarborough since 2000. Out of this work has emerged a new approach to community development, the Connected Community Approach (CCA).
Anne’s background includes Early Childhood Education, Social Development and Business. Anne has won several awards, including the William P Hubbard Award for Race Relations, Leading Women Building Communities, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee medal, and a Vital People award from Toronto Foundation.
Follow the links below to the AGM meeting materials. Hard copies of these materials as well as our complete 2016 audited financial statements will be available at our front desk before the AGM.
- 2016 Swansea Town Hall Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Review Enclosures – which include biographies of the slate of Board candidates for the election and last year’s AGM minutes
Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting and light refreshments will be served after the business is conducted.
Appointees to the Board of Management must be eligible voters in the City of Toronto.
In order to vote you must renew or buy an annual membership to the Swansea Town Hall Association at the meeting ($2.00). Non members are welcome to attend the meeting, but may not vote.