Swansea Town Hall is seeking enthusiastic individuals who want to help improve our community centre by serving on our Board of Management. Are you interested in giving back to your community and getting involved at the governance level? We encourage you to apply!
Please follow the link for more information. Apply online through the City of Toronto or drop by the Town Hall to pick up an application package:
LINK >> Printable Application and Information package
CITY OF TORONTO >> Link to City of Toronto Website
We are seeking applicants who:
- Have a general understanding of and commitment to the neighbourhood and community within the Swansea catchment area;
- Reflect the cultural and social diversity of the community;
- Will conscientiously contribute their time and energy;
- Bring integrity, dependability, skills and fresh ideas to the Board and its committees;
- Have general knowledge and understanding of community and public service;
- Are team players who possess good communication and decision making skills and
- Are expected to serve on Board committees dealing with matters such as governance, finance, community engagement, human resources and venue management.
The deadline for applications is Monday April 3rd, 2023 at 12:00 noon. If you are not submitting your application online with the City portal or do not have access to a computer, hard copies of the application form will be available at our front desk during regular opening hours. We are located at 95 Lavinia Avenue, Toronto, ON M6S 3H9. Please submit your application to the attention of the Nominating Committee, Swansea Town Hall, at the above address or email it to email@example.com.
Here are some important reference documents for you if you are applying to our Board. They can be found on our website:
- Code of Conduct for Members of Local Boards (Restricted Definition), City of Toronto
- Municipal Conflict of Interest Act
- Swansea Town Hall Governing By-laws: Governing, Procedural and Constitutional
- Public Appointments Policy, City of Toronto
- Relationship Framework for the City of Toronto and the Boards of Management of Community Centres in the Association of Community Centres (AOCCs), which includes Swansea Town Hall