The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program (MBSR) was designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn over 40 years ago. He wanted to share his own, life changing, personal experience with mindfulness meditation to help others change the relationship they have with suffering, with challenging thoughts/emotions, physical pain and stress.
The MBSR program teaches mindfulness through practice. We will explore, and practice, Mindfulness techniques, such as, meditation, mindful movement and stress management in a safe and small group environment. You will have daily homework to help these practices become part of your life. Please know that this is an intensive program has the potential to help you respond, rather than react to life’s stresses and struggles, which is worth the effort!
- 8-week Course
- Tuesdays, March 31 – May 26, 2020 (no class April 14th), 5pm-7:30pm in the Council Chamber, 2nd floor
- Full day Silent Retreat: Sunday May 24, from 10am-3pm (Optional)
- Heather Drummond, EdD, RP
- Registered Psychotherapist (CRPO) – Licence #002747
- MBSR Trained/Qualified – Centre for Mindfulness Studies (Toronto)
More Information and to Register: https://changing-minds.ca/register-for-courses/